Linux Setup Guide
Last updated: May 24, 2021
This version of Truple for Linux does not currently support blacking out banking websites. We strongly encourage the use of the image blurring feature to hide private information that may be captured.
- Truple is not compatible with Wayland display server. Please use X11.
- Download and install ImageMagick
apt-get install imagemagick
- Download Truple from linux.truple.io/prod/Truple.AppImage.
Truple.AppImageinto your user profile's home directory (~/)*
mv ~/Downloads/Truple.AppImage ~/Truple.AppImage
- Make the file executable
chmod +x ~/Truple.AppImage
- Launch the AppImage using the command below (or just double click on it)
- Login with your subscribed Truple account**
- Answer the questions
* Truple is designed to run out of your Home directory. It may not launch properly or restart properly if moved. If you move the Truple.AppImage file, it will result in a tamper email being sent.
** If the device is not physically present, you should not share your Truple credentials. Instead generate an "invite code" from app.truple.io/devices by clicking on the "Generate Invite Code" button. Have the device owner login with a Truple account they own (which can be unsubscribed), then have them use the account & invite codes by answering the first question stating they'd like to add the device to a different account.
There are a lot of different linux distros out there. We've designed Truple to work with Ubuntu. Customers have reported some tweaks needed in order to use it on other distros below. We cannot verify/guarantee the tweaks will result in everything working for your device.
- Fedora - Install x11-xserver-utils by running
sudo apt-get install x11-xserver-utils