How do I reset my Truple e2ee passcode if I've forgotten it?
Steps to resetting your Truple e2ee passcode after you've forgotten it.
Last updated: April 1, 2023
Resetting your E2EE passcode should ONLY be done if you've forgotten your current passcode. If you still remember your current e2ee passcode you can change it.
Resetting your e2ee passcode will cause you to lose access to all accountability data (screenshots, events, etc) that was encrypted using the old passcode.
- Open the accounts page
- Login to your subscribed account if you aren't already logged in
Change E2EE Passcode
- Enter in a new E2EE passcode
- Write your new E2EE passcode down!
- Restart each monitored Truple device.
- Tell your report recipients your new E2EE passcode