Adjust device type
How to adjust device type
Last updated: April 1, 2023
Truple has 3 different device types. The different device types control how much that device can view and change:
- Owner - Can do everything. View accountability data (screenshots, websites, etc.) for the entire account, change device settings, modify billing information, make changes to the subscription, lock/unlock the account with the help of a report recipient, etc.
- Admin - Can view accountability data (screenshots, websites, etc) but can't make any changes.
- User - Can't view anything. Monitoring only.
All 3 device types can be monitored.
At this time only Android devices support the Owner and Admin device types. To make a change:
- Go to the device settings page and login if necessary
- Click the name of the android device you wish to adjust settings for
- Select the device type, and choose a new device type from the dropdown menu
- Click Save in the bottom right hand corner
- Restart the device or wait ~30 minutes for the settings to sync down.